Some parts of our World has beautiful Nature, clean air, water, food. And some parts has the opposite : Pollution, contamination, poisons – unfortunately, most of us live in areas, cities, where the air we breathe, the food we eat, the water we drink, contain chemicals, toxins and are unnatural.
Yes, we humans are powerful and are our own source of wellness. Yes, our body is intelligent enough to be able to protect, defend, cleanse, purify, heal itself – only if we listen to it, and if we do the necessary to boost our own immune system and healing responses.
Thanks to Ancient Knowledge, and thanks to Modern Technologies, we can now understand and go deeper into detoxing process. Our body gets -and- also eliminates toxins through our kidneys, intestines, lungs, lymphatic system, and skin. There are various internal cleansing practices that will heal and empower us, physically, mentally and spiritually. The main ones are : Fasting – Exercising – Enema – Sauna. Although practicing these techniques once, can clean up days, months, even years of built-up toxins and unhealthy components, it is wise to live a lifestyle which involves all of these – proper nutrition, physical exercises, rest and cleansing practices.
As our gut is directly linked to our brain, it is wise to take care of it in optimal ways. Even if we take supplements, eat good & nutritious food – but have a clogged and unhealthy gut, we won’t be able to absorb the full nutrients and benefits of these.
So, the key is to get to the root – our lifestyle.
1st STEP : Stop taking in poison.
Let’s stop ingesting, using and putting on ”poison” which are most commonly :
- unhealthy, unnatural, chemically grown, processed foods (before buying foods, pharmaceuticals, read their ingredients. If the product has ingredients you can’t pronounce or haven’t heard of, you might be better either checking on the web it’s benefits/downsides – or even, don’t buying it. )
- ”feel-good” poisons such as alcohol, cigarettes, refined sugars, saturated fats.
- pharmaceuticals/chemical-based health care products (creams, shampoo, deodorants, and toothpastes), and chemical household cleaners.
All these poisons enter us through various ways, such as breath, skin, foods, etc – all those act as toxins in our body and are obstacles to our healing process. So, let’s remove or switch to natural alternative.
2nd STEP : Cleansing ourselves internally & externally – Within our body -&- outside our environment.
Let’s Cleanse, detoxify ourselves through various means :
- Let’s Breathe optimally so that oxygen circulates more effectively through our system, thus helping in purification process.
- Drink plenty of clean, pure water to help flushing out toxins !
- Eat plenty of fiber, such as brown rice, fresh fruits and vegetables (ideally, organic !). Beets, radishes, artichokes, spirulina, chlorella cabbage, broccoli, , and seaweed are excellent detoxifying foods. Activated charcoal is one of the best cleanser (Charcoal binds to chemicals whose molecules have positive charges, such as aflatoxin, mycotoxins, BPA, and common pesticides.We then get rid of them through poop. Bad aspect : can flush our essential minerals and nutrients too !).
- Cleanse and protect our liver by ingesting/drinking purifying herbs, plants, foods with detox & anti-oxidants properties, such as dandelion root, turmeric, burdock, chlorella, milk thistle, green tea, blueberries,..
- Optimize our vitamin C, which helps our to body produce glutathione, a liver compound that promotes flushing away toxins.
- Transmute stress by focusing on positivity.
- Practice hydrotherapy (healing properties based on it’s opposite thermal effects. It makes use of the body’s reaction to hot and cold stimuli. It can include hot water and cold water, each of which has a different effect on the body).
- Allow toxins to flush through sweating – physical exercises ( on top of perspiration, exercise increases lipolysis (the breakdown of fat tissue), releasing toxins stored in our fat tissues ). sauna/hamam are amazing ways to sweat out toxins.
- Intermittent-Fasting / Complete Fast.
- Move Energy through meditation, visualization, subtle healing techniques.
- Cleanse our home, environment, and aura – through smudging (Sage, Palo Santo, Healthy incenses)
- Protect our subtle energy (which is directly connected to our physical energy) thanks to crystals, symbols,..
3rd STEP : enhance our defense mechanism, strengthen our immune system, promote our healing responses.
- Enhance our gut flora – through healthy bacteria – probiotics, right foods, right nutrients, vitamins, antioxidants, etc..
- Fitness – physical exercise helps us maintain healthy cells, tissues, organs, hormones secretions, etc..
- Rest physically, mentally, internally (digestive system needs rest too !)
- Get optimal sunlight.
- Keep stress under control – although it is common and normal to be in stressful situations, stress triggers our body to release stress hormones into our system. While these hormones can provide “adrenaline rush” to win a race or meet a deadline,they also slow down the detoxification enzymes in our liver. Meditation ,Yoga & Qigong (and much more) are simple and effective ways to relieve stress and to re-pattern our conscious and subconscious reactions so that the inevitable stress of Life will be handled in optimal ways.
- Play with ”dirt” ! Many studies prove that being in contact with harmful bacteria can help us strengthen our immune system.
Once all of these steps have been done, you should feel healthier overall.
- Stronger and more balanced physically (externally and internally).
- Cognitive functions enhanced : clear-headed, feeling of confidence, improved focus and memory skills.
- Less -and even- Absence of illnesses/inflammations.
- Feeling of well being, thanks to optimal hormonal release, optimal nutrients absorption,..
Cleansing, healing, empowerment, defense & immunity, like said above, come are developed through various means. Click on the link to be re-directed to the detailed page – Meditation – Breathing – Energetic Movements – Water – Nutrition, Superfoods, Sacred Herbs – Subtle Energies protection, healing and empowerment – Inner and Outer – Smudging – Crystals – Symbols –
One of the best videos I know about detoxifying our body and fasting !
Fasting has been practiced since the dawn of Humanity, voluntarily, or involuntarily, for many reasons – physical, emotional, survival, spiritual.
The beauty of fasting is that there are many ways to do it, depending on our intention, the outcome we desire and our overall Life.
Science & Processes of fasting :
In order to survive physically,\, our body & cells needs : Water, Light, Oxygen, Life-Force (Qi) and nutrients.
-We strengthen and develop our receptivity to others sources of Energy :
Water, Light, Oxygen, Life-Force (Qi).
-We cut the main energy supply to cells, bacteria, viruses, thus promoting their switch to survival-mode, or – death. This can lead us to cleanse all kinds of living systems in us (good/bad), but of course, there are limits to what we, physical humans, can endure. Process : our cells, -the weak ones- will die first, and the healthy and strong ones may die – or survive. The key here is to eliminate the old, damaged cells, while maintaining the strong cells (through fasting, our body goes to survival mode, where it recycles nutrients, cleanses waste & toxins (autophagy), uses forms of energy that we store/absorb/create naturally to remain itself alive)- so that when these strong cells receive these essentials again – they will become even healthier and stronger then they were before this process. This allows us to cleanse, and boost our immune system for our optimal health.
I believe we should all follow our body’s call, and fast the way & length we feel is adequate for us.
Through History, Religions, Beliefs & Way of Life, we can see many intentions of fasting :
- Controlling desires
- Cleanse and Rejuvenate our immune system.
- Enhance our Connection to our Eternal Source of Energy (God, Life-Force)
- Empathy : helps us to empathize with the less fortunate.
- Allow our Energy to focus on others areas of Health & Awareness instead of digestion.
Health Benefits :
- Cuts off main energy source of cells, bacteria, viruses
- Recycles all fats, nutrients, .. we have stored
- Cleanses, recycles old, weak damaged cells
- Normalizing ghrelin levels, also known as “the hunger hormone”
- Promoting human growth hormone (HGH) production
- Enhanced cognitive functions : Promotes production of a protein called ”brain-derived neurotrophic factor” (BDNF), which activates brain stem cells to convert into new neurons, while stimulating various other chemicals that promote neural health
- Reducing oxidative stress
- Reduces our risk of chronic disease.
- We allow our digestive system to rest.
Spirituality : After years of research Dr. Paul Webb and his team published the groundbreaking results of their studies on the human energy balance in the renowned American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. Dr. Webb´s work not only exposes the flaws of the Calorie Theory, but implicates that the human body receives energy from an unknown source – “unmeasured energy” – energy from nothing…
And: “The greater the food deficit, the larger was the unmeasured energy”.
Since 1998 mainstream science accepts that only 4.9 percent of the known universe consist of ordinary energy and matter. 26.8 percent consist of Dark Matter and an incredible 68.3 percent consist of Dark Energy. Dark Energy is an invisible and undetectable energy that permeates the whole cosmos and so all our cells. Is it possibly connected to the “unmeasurable energy” that also sustains our body ?
Fasting Methods :
Complete Fast : No liquids, no Solids
Intermittent Fasting : Creating a time window to eat, to fast (generally 8 hours window period to ingest & eat, 14 hours window to digest & rest)
Breatharian Way :
Developing and strengthening our Receptivity to other sources of Energy (mostly cosmic, air and water ) – It’s not about never eating food again, it’s about understanding and energizing our self with cosmic nourishment.
The breatharian concept and an amazing author named Arnold Ehret created a theory that we are “air-gas” machines and we get our energy from the air and the various gases within it and very little from solid foods.
Tips & Suggestions :
Few days, hours prior to – and after- fasting, it is wise to eat a ”fruit and vegetable diet”.
Prior and after the fast are important too. What we have in our body when we go into a fast and what we give our body once we break our fast are essential.
Wisdom & Beliefs :
“Everyone has a physician inside him or her; we just have to help it in its work. The natural healing force within each one of us is the greatest force in getting well. Our food should be our medicine. Our medicine should be our food. But to eat when you are sick is to feed your sickness.” – Hippocrates
“Fasting is the first principle of medicine; fast and see the strength of the spirit reveal itself.” – Rumi“
Everyone has a doctor in him; we just have to help him in his work. The natural healing force within each one of us is the greatest force in getting well. …to eat when you are sick, is to feed your sickness.” – Hippocrates
“Fasting is the greatest remedy, the physician within.”- Philippus Paracelsus, one of the three fathers of Western medicine
“Fasting will bring spiritual rebirth to those of you who cleanse and purify your bodies. The light of the world will illuminate within you when you fast and purify yourself. What the eyes are for the outer world, fasts are for the inner.” – Mahatma Gandhi
The body’s wondrous ability to autolyze (or self-digest) and destroy needless tissue such as fat, tumors, blood vessel plaque, and other nonessential and diseased tissues, while conserving essential tissues, gives the fast the ability to restore physiologic youth to the system. By removing or lessening the burden of diseased tissue, including the fatty tissue narrowing the blood vessels, fasting increases the blood flow and subsequent oxygenation and nutrient delivery to vital organs throughout the body- Joel Fuhrman, M.D
“Instead of using medicine, rather, fast a day.”
- I am currently gathering more info and knowledge about fasting.
- Please share and contribute your thoughts and ideas !
Shatkarma (Six Actions/Purifying Practices)
The intention of Shatkarma is to cleanse (excess of external poisons, toxins) and balance (physically, mentally, spiritually) our whole physical system.
- Neti : Process of cleansing and purifying the nasal passages
- Dhauti : Cleansing of intestines – activating the digestive fire – cleansing stomach with water – cleansing intestines with air
- Nauli : Method of massaging and and strengthening our abdominal tissues and organs.
- Basti : Techniques for washing and toning our large intestines
- Kapalbhati : Breathing technique to purify the frontal region of our brain
- Trataka : Meditation Practice of intense gazing at one point to develop our cognitive and psychic powers.
- Jala Neti (Nasal Cleansing with Water & Neti Lota – Pot)
The intention in this cleansing technique is to cleanse our nasal pathways.
- Get Pure, Clean Water (1L should enough) heated to body temperature (around 40 Dcelsius) and mix it in 2 tablespoon of salt (to minimize irritation to our muccus membrane).
- Pour Water/Salt solution in the Neti Pot (or tea pot, as long as it’s clean and the material is not contaminant, – and nozzle fits nostrils so that no water gets out while pouring into nostrils )
- Stand up, lean forward and tilt your head to one side. Breathe through mouth while pouring in solution.
- Half way through the water solution, center your head and let water run out from nose. Gently blow and mucus out.
- Tilt your head to the opposite side, and repeat instructions.
Essential : Dry your nostrils by breathing in and out in quickly and forcefully, starting from one side to the other, and then when your head in centered. This needs to be done as water might have been trapped in sinus cavities.
- Removes Mucus and toxins from nasal passages and sinus, allowing air to flow freely thus breathing optimally.
- Makes our head feel light and fresh.
- Stimulates nerve endings in our nose, improving our smell.
- Balancing both nostrils, with the corresponding brain hemispheres
- Awakens and balances third eye chakra, Ajna.
- There are many variations to this practice, up to you to try and feel them !
- Laghoo Shankhaprakshalana (short intestinal wash)
The intention in this cleansing technique is to cleanse our intestines.
- Prepare 2/3 liters of body temperature Water mixed with Salt (ratio 2 teaspoon salt per liter of water)
- Quickly drink 60cl – 1l of the solution.
- Perform the next Asanas 8 times each :
- Tadasana (Mountain Pose)
- Tiryaka Tadasana (Swaying Palm Tree Pose )
- Kati Chakrasana (Standing Spinal Twist Pose)
- Tiryaka Bhujangasana (Twisting Cobra Pose)
- Udarakarshanasana (Belly Section Pose)
4. Once completed, drink once again 60cl-1 L of the solution.
5. Second Round : Repeat/Perform the same 5 Asanas 8 times each
6. After completing second cycle, drink once more 60cl-1L
7. Repeat/perform for the third and last time the 5 Asanas, 8 times each.
- Practice this cleansing practice in the morning, before drinking or ingesting anything.
- Ingest a light semi-liquid meal the previous evening.
- Takes around 1-2 hours
- Rest and wait 30min – 1 hour before ingesting anything.
- Encourages normal functioning and movements of our intestines.
- Flushes out kidneys, intestines – removes excess waste and toxins.
Vaman Dhauti (Regurgitative Cleansing)
Enema is flushing, detoxing our intestines by inserting liquid through our rectum. It flushes out toxins, bacterias, congested foods, stool (feces) that has built up in our bowels. This process helps to cleanse our digestive tracts.
Water and Salt Enemas are advised when beginning.
Do only when you know is needed.
Before and after, drink plenty of fluids, eat liquid foods.
Once you are ready to go further, feel free to check on other liquids that help flush our body.