As Human Beings, our mind shapes how we perceive, react and experience Life. From the moment we are born, our senses, brain and energy start to gather and assimilate sensory information. As we grow up, our thoughts, experiences, teachings, beliefs, environment – condition and shape our conscious and subconscious mind. This then affects how we think and react on Life. Our inner and outer Reality is influenced by not only our environment, but but our subconscious and conscious, chosen/imposed, given/created thoughts & beliefs.
Study shows that the first 7 years of our lives, are when our brains are the most receptive and open to any conditioning/programming. As a child, we were not responsible for the programming we received, – but as an adult, we are responsible for the thoughts, beliefs that we feed our mind constantly.
Our brain, body, energy can be classified into 2 different qualities : the Logical/Masculine attributes and the Creative/Feminine attributes. Both are needed in order to Be & Feel Balanced.
The first years of our lives, as babies and children, we naturally develop both these attributes – predominantly our creative side – expressing, playing, being creative. In today’s society, most children going to school are taught both qualities – creative and logical. However, the more we advance into Life, the older we grow, the more society pressurizes us to develop our Masculine/Logical quality – which has many benefits – if balanced, with our Feminine/Creative side.
Einstein wholeheartedly agreed with the fact that Imagination can be more important than Knowledge. Logical gets us from A to B, whereas Imagination will take us anywhere. The combination of Intelligence and Imagination governs our World.
Thanks to modern science, we can now delve deeper into our Mind. We now can prove that our subconscious mind reacts accordingly to which we/life suggests it. That which we tell our mind, we are/feel.
Be aware of your thoughts, for they become your speech.
Be aware of your speech, for they develop into actions.
Be aware of your actions, for they turn into your habits.
Be aware of your habits, for they shape your character.
Be aware of your character, for it creates your Reality.
Our brain mostly operates through electrical signals thanks to approximately 100 billion neurons (nerve cells) spread out across different regions.
The stimulus of these neurons happens rapidly and creates wavelike rhythms of activation and rest, which can be measured with advanced technology.
The rate at which the neurons fire and the synchronicity between the firing generates varying wave frequencies, which scientists have classified, categorized and correlated to different states of consciousness as follows:
Delta : 0.5<4 Hz – Deep sleep, Unconscious, Restorative State
Delta is the slowest band of brainwaves and is most generally experienced in deep, Stage 3 & 4, dreamless sleep. When our brain is in a delta wave state, our body releases several hormones, including growth hormones. This state is when our body heals and repairs itself, while resetting our internal clocks. Delta waves are commonly measured in infants, children, and people which reach deep states of meditation.
How-to : Reach a deep, dreamless, unconscious, restorative level of unconscious relaxation / sleep.
Pure Silence, or delta wave inducer : – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKnfB6hdH_s
Theta : 4-8 Hz – Light sleep, Relaxed, Suggestible & Open Mind.
Theta brainwaves are mostly measured present during deep, relaxing meditation and light sleep (including the dream state). Theta state has been proven to be a very receptive brainwave state that is useful for hypnotherapy, as well as self-hypnosis (affirmations and suggestions). They are also strongly correlated with conscious & unconscious revelations, creativity, inspiration and vivid daydreams and visualizations.
According to brainwave experts, it is at the Alpha-Theta border, around 7 Hz to 8 Hz, where the optimal range for visualization, mind programming and creative power can be used. This state is a relaxing of our conscious mind to access to our subconscious mind.
How-to : Deeply relax, calm heart rate and breathing pattern. Let go of rational thinking, allow ourselves to access our subconscious mind.
Theta wave inducer : -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWYyGMuZSgc-
Alpha : 8-13 Hz – Relaxed yet Alert – Awake yet Resting.
Alpha wave states are commonly seen in and experienced by meditators. Alpha activity relaxes all cognitive functions: our logical thinking, memory, learning and concentration functions are calmer. This state is linked with a decrease in stress and anxiety.
How-to : The act of closing our eyes, calming our thoughts and mind; breathing slowly and deeply encourages our brain to shift to alpha state.
Alpha wave inducer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrGrYyScwjQ
Beta : 13-35 Hz – Focused, Concentrated, Engaged.
Beta brainwaves are associated with active and logical thoughts. This is the dominant mental state majority of us are in during our waking hours. Beta activity heightens all cognitive functions: our imagination, visualization, thinking, memory, learning and concentration functions are sharper.
How-to: Being stimulated physically, breathing deeply and at an increased rate can help to reach that state.
Beta Wave inducer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR3F4bAUU_s
Gamma : 35 Hz> – Expanded Awareness & Imagination – Enhanced Intuition – Transcendence.
The Gamma wave state is associated with expanded cognitive functions : our awareness, concentration, imagination and creativity are amplified. Our pineal gland gets further stimulated, thus heightening our intuition, enhancing our mental clarity and focus & promoting the channeling of innovative ideas.
Gamma waves have been measured in studies when monks meditate with the intention of feeling high-vibration feelings such as Gratitude, Transcendence, a connection to the Divine, and when they transcend physical realms. Other studies measure these high vibrating brainwave pattern on hallucinogenic drug users. Further studies measure these brainwave on people dreaming.
How-to : Transcend Physical Thoughts, Imagine Infinite, Hallucinogenics, Dream.
Gamma wave inducer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVPLIZotdrg
—> Brainwave states Meditation : https://youtu.be/qHWJlcWo4_c
Hypnosis / Hypnotherapy
Hypnosis is a state of consciousness where our Conscious Mind (logical, critical thinking) is bypassed, while our Subconscious Mind (deep thoughts & beliefs) is more likely to assimilate Suggestions and Information. Basically, our critical/judgement faculty gets bypassed, and selective thinking is therefore established deep in our mind. Trust, Willingness, Consent, Communication are essentials for any Being to be correctly hypnotized.
The Hypnotized person is always in control of the suggestions and information he accepts and embodies. If an unwanted suggestions arises, there are two main outcomes – hypnotized being ”wakes up” or, stays in the hypnotic state but refuses the suggestion.
What are the uses of Hypnosis ?
- Transmutation – erasing, bypassing, modifying any feelings & sensations. for example : ”pain” can be felt as an amazing sensation, if specific suggestions are accepted – Same goes for opposite sugestions (placebo/nocebo effects).
- Total Recall / Abreaction : Remembering and/or re-Living past experiences – Feeling them and/or changing them.
- Relieve & Heal conscious/ subconscious blockages : Mental, Physical, Emotional and Spiritual – (addictions, cravings, etc).
- Heal & Empower any aspect of one’s life: Mentally, Physically, Emotionally and Spiritually.
- Create, Feel & Experience : Suggest the hypnotized Being to Feel any /all Emotions and Feelings, or to Live, visualize, feel specific real or imagined life scenarios or situation – these are not limited to our physical laws (space &, time, …).
- Re-Programming : Erasing, and/or Installing new behaviors, habits, Beliefs – implant powerful/healing affirmations.
Further information :
- Conscious: Being aware of one’s Life, reality, environment, feelings and thoughts and being able to think rationally, critically.
- Subconscious : mental processes and conditioning which happens with or without one’s awareness. Our subconscious mind is constantly receiving and absorbing information. Even when sleeping , when listening to music, etc..
- Neuro-plasticity : The experiences we live are shaping our brains. For Good or bad ! So, Learn something new today. Take up/ go beyond a challenge, experience great things, create/be with your ideal environment, connect with great friends that make you feel all you want. Visualize greatness, repeat affirmations, read a new book, go to lectures, museums, learn a language, expand your knowledge, watch motivating videos, listen to powerful lyrics, .. the list goes on. Basically, do what feels Good and Right !
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) is a way to identifying and using patterns of thought that influence a person’s general behaviour by modifying or improving their conscious and subconscious patterns. It offers a perspective of how our human brain works (neuro), and how language interacts with our human brain (linguistic). Then, we use this interaction to get the conditioned pattern we want (programming).
- We are transforming our mind & self into whatever we focus our attention to.
- Each and All of us are connected (consciously and/or subconsciously) to information/wisdom specific for our growth and understanding of Life. The ways to Realize and get to know these is either to listen to our Intuition/Heart, or using techniques such as Meditation, Hypnosis – these allows us to access these information more easily and at a deeper level.
- Stop overthinking – letting go of who we think we are. It becomes a problem when we are in resistance with our thoughts. Overthinking kills productivity. It prevents creative growth, wastes time/energy and inhibits growth.
- Our mind is either our greatest servant or our worst master.
- To control/befriend our mind, we need stillness.
- The best way to empower our mind, self – is to use I am ”affirmations”.
- One of the keys to embody a suggestion, is to : Hypnotist says it convincingly, wholeheartedly, while the patient Believes, and wants it Wholeheartedly.
- To Heal with Hypnosis, it is wise to get to the root of the illness/problem. It could be emotional, physical, spiritual. Trace to the origins.
- ”What is the illness trying to tell you? What can you learn from this illness?”
Briefly, How does it work?
During deep relaxation, our conscious and subconscious mind are more open to suggestions. These can help create new neuro-pathways in our brain, enabling us to make the changes/ feel feelings / heal past traumas /, .. .
Hypnosis Tips / Advices
- While hypnotizing, it is essential to use the right words. Eg : Relaxed, Peaceful, Pleasant, Energizing, Soothing, Clear Mind, and the list goes on. It is advised to not use negative connotation words such as ‘’knife, pain, trouble,..)
- It is Essential to make statements such as : ‘’Notice how good that feels’’ or ‘’Feel the pleasant sensation running through your spine’’
- Avoid any words or suggestions that implies pain. eg : Knife, Bad, Hurt,..
- Compound suggestions to attain greater inductions and feelings.
- Post-hypnotic suggestion, when patient is about to ‘wake up’ : ” The moment you open your eyes, you will feel rejuvenated, energized and confident of all your talents and ambitions in Life.’’
Common signs of hypnotic state
– Body Warmth
– Fluttering of eyelids
-Increased lacrimation (tears)
-Whites of the eyes getting red/pink
-Eyeballs pivoting and pointing up the head
States of Hypnosis :
– Hypno-Sleep : Hypnotizing someone while they are in a sleeping state. This can be the deepest hypnosis of all. In most instances, hypnotist will be directly speaking to the person’s unconscious mind – most of the time, patient won’t have any recollection of what has been said.
– Waking Hypnosis : , bypassing critical faculty and establish selective thinking and suggestions, while they are in a ‘’normal’’ state of mind. Person needs to be certain that the suggestion is a fact, true – and needs to consciously or subconsciously want that suggestion.
– Aphasia : Artificial somnanbulism. Patient has a blockage. Either not hypnotized deep enough, or has unwillingness to.
– Light Hypnosis
– Deep Hypnosis
– Esdaile State : Hypnotic ‘’coma’’. Being is in a state of euphoria, and loves it so much that he doesn’t want to be awoken, move physically. Patient still has selective thinking for mental suggestions, and is aware of all that happens in the surroundings. Anesthesia & immobilized.
Auto/Self Hypnosis :
Bypassing own critical faculty and establishing selective thinking and suggestions.
Inducing a Hypnotic state
Suggestions & Affirmations
Every thoughts, actions, reactions, everything we sense with our basic senses (and further) induces communications between our neurons.
Our brain, although sophisticated and powerful, processes infinite amounts of information with each moment that passes. From our breathing, to blood flow, to the simplest thoughts, feeling etc.. Our brain takes all thoughts and words literally. When we understand how this literal communication works, we begin to see how it affects our emotions, behaviors and even physical well being.
Everything that happens is happening in the present moment for our brain.
When we think a thought, our brain processes the information literally and prepares us for the action that should immediately follow the thought.
When we watch a movie, whether funny or scary, when we read a book, imagine past of future scenarios, we feel feelings. Why?
Because our brain takes everything as truth – what we are experiencing right now – whether by imagining, watching, thinking,..
Every thought, strengthens itself (whether positive or negative) through repetition, feeling and visualization. The neural connections linked to that thought are getting energized.
We have conscious and/or subconscious neural connections for all words, feelings, symbols,… For instance : ”Anger” When we think or say this word, what comes to our mind? Us / A person which is angry. Therefore, these specific neural pathways get activated and we open ourselves to that suggestion/command –> we are more prone to anger energies.
Same goes to all other words, attributes, etc..
Happiness. How do we view and interpret this word, feeling? Consciously or subconsciously, this energy is linked to us/other smiling, laughing, being happy and open-hearted. Whenever we bring out this energy, via thought, word, or any other means, we open ourselves to it’s energy.
To run efficiently, our brain strengthens its connections every time we think, feel and do. This helps us perform tasks with less energy and more focus. For instance, driving a car or riding a bike. It can be awkward at first, when we’re learning, but after we figure it out, it comes naturally. This is because our brain strengthens those connections every time we repeat the action and thoughts.
For some affirmations, it may feel uncomfortable for us saying them, since they are not true as of yet. The key here is to either :
change the affirmation to make it comfortable, -or-
change our lifestyle and habits to make the affirmation true.
Essentials of Affirmations
1) Positive affirmations should always be in the present tense. Our brain responds optimally to present tense statements.
”I AM / I DO / ..”
2) Positive affirmations ideally only include positive words. Instead of saying: ” I won’t eat junk food” – instead, say – ” I will eat Healthy Food.”
3) Positive affirmations can be spoken, thought or felt. Or 3 combined ! They are expressed as statements of fact and truth (even though untrue). Feel the Feeling of this fact, embody your affirmations at the same time as you say it, and every moments thereafter.
4) Repetition will activate and strengthen these neural pathways and bring to reality their attributes.
Lists of affirmations
- I am open to Love and Friendship
- I am Intelligent, Confident, Loving and Humble
- My Home/workplace is peaceful and full of love.
- I make the best decisions easily.
- I speak positively about myself, my relatives and they respond by speaking positively about me.
- I am rewarded for doing my best.
- My body is healthy and full of energy.
- My body is filled with healing energy every time I inhale.
- I am grateful for how effectively and efficiently my body works.
- I engage in healthy stimulation during my free time.
- I allow myself to be happy, therefore I inspire others to do the same.
- I can learn from all experiences, good and bad, so, I am grateful of all that I experience.
- I am in charge of how I feel and today I am choosing happiness.
- I crave healthy, nutritious foods. I love the taste of fruits and vegetables.
- I eat healthy, nutritious food and my body is grateful, filling me with energy and good health in return.
- I radiate love, inspiration, wisdom and success.
- Life is full of Love & Beauty and I find and feel it everywhere I go.
- I radiate love and others reflect love back to me.
- I am loving and lovable.
- I am attractive.
- I am open to all forms of abundance the Universe has to offer me.
- I have my dream job.
- I love every moment that I live.
- I see others as good people who are trying their best.
- I am present in every moment and confident about my future.
- I approve of myself and love myself deeply and completely.
- Creative energy surges through me and leads me to new and brilliant ideas.
Energy of Thoughts
Law of Attraction
Get into the vibrational state of as if you already have your desire.
We have to Feel desireless. If we want, need that thing, we will attract more and want of that desire and neediness.
” I already have those things. I just haven’t accessed them as yet.”
Who do you want to Be? clarify that, consciously, subconsciously, supra consciously. Then, do everything in your power to become that – mind, body & Spirit.
Let’s make our future dreams our present fact, by embodying the feeling of the wish fulfilled. That which we Feel our self to be – we Are.
Words, Thoughts are like seeds. Everything we say, think, will manifest in a way or another in our Inner and/or outer reality.
Our Life moves in the direction of our environment, words and thoughts.
We may not be in control of what happens to us, but we are responsible for how we deal with it.
I am currently gathering knowledge and info on this amazing topic.
Please share with me your views and thoughts ! 🙂